Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) Pokhara University complete syllabus introduction. You will find all semester syllabus of Pokhara University in easy and understandable format of official Pokhara University Syllabus documents. This course is designed by the BCA Pokhara University of Nepal.
Introduction to Course (taken from Pokhara University Published syllabus)
General information to the syllabus of BCA Pokhara University
1. Title The title of the program is Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) under the science and Technology Faculty.
2. Objectives: The objectives of the Programme shall be to provide the sound academic base from which an advanced career in Computer Application and related fields can be developed. Conceptual grounding in computer usage, as well as its practical scientific business application, will be provided.
3. Duration: The duration of the B.C.A. Degree Program shall be Four years divided into eight semesters.
Course Structure of BCA Pokhara University
The program follows the credit system. Each course is assigned a certain number of credits depending generally upon its lecture, tutorial, and practical work hours in a week. In theory subjects, one lecture per week is assigned one credit as a general rule.
The BCA course comprises a total of 126 credit hours spreading over eight semesters with the following distinct components:
Analytical Tools: Five courses (15 credit hours in analytical areas to provide a student with a strong foundation required for the program.
Support Areas: Six courses (18 credit understanding of the business environment with communicative skill development.)
Hardware Areas: Four courses (12 credit hours) in computer hardware to provide a student with an opportunity to gain real-life practical experiences in computer hardware. This will also help students in programming in better concepts with internal activities.
Core Areas: Twenty courses (62 credit hours) to help a student broaden the understanding of various facets of computer application in real life.
Project Work: Four projects (10 credit hours) help to a student to deal with real-life problem of computer application for their sound practical exposure.
Internship: This internship (3 credit hours) course is most useful to help a student to deal with real-time system development.
Elective Area: There are two elective courses (6 credit hours) that are most applicable to the students who are interested to be specialized in their interest fields. Two additional elective courses can be offered to the students but CGPA is not affected.
Analytical Tools in the curriculum of BCA Pokhara University:
- Mathematics –I
- Mathematics – II
- Numerical Methods
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Foundation and Computer Science
- Support Areas:
- English – I
- Business and Technical Communication
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting – II
- Economics Organization Management
- Hardware Areas:
- Digital Logic System
- Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics
- Computer Architecture
- Core Areas:
- Computer Fundamental and Application
- Programming Logic and Techniques
- Programming Language
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- System Analysis and Design
- Visual Programming
- Operating System
- Database Management System
- Computer Graphics & Multimedia Technology
- Network and Data Communication
- Web Programming
- Management Information System
- Software Engineering
- Electronic Commerce
- Server-Side Programming
- Simulation and Modeling
- Java Programming
- Advance Java Programming
Project Areas in course of BCA Pokhara University:
- Project I
- Project II
- Project III
- Project IV
Elective Areas in the syllabus of BCA Pokhara University :
- Elective I
- Elective II
Electives in Syllabus of BCA Pokhara University Computer Management 1. Geographical Information System 1. Project Management 2. Artificial Intelligence 2. International Business 3. Distributed Database System 3. Promotion Management 4. COM/DCOM Programming 4. International Marketing 5. Advanced Techniques in Programming 5. Marketing Management 6. Data Mining and Warehousing 6. Sales Management 7. Advanced Multimedia 9. Advance Database (PL/SQL) 10. Dot (.) Net Programming. 11. Cloud Computing 12. WAP and WML 13. Information and Network Securit 14. Software Testing and Project Management 15. OODBMS 16. Embedded System
Each course is identified by the course code followed by the course title (e.g., Eng 101.3 English–I etc).
5. Normal and Maximum Duration of stay in the University The normal duration for completing the BCA course is four years. In an exceptional case, however, the student is allowed a normal duration plus four years to complete the course. If a student is unable to complete the course within eight years from the time of admission, the University registration is annulled.
6. Academic Schedule The academic session consists of two semesters per year. Generally, the Fall Semester (September-February) Starts in September and the Spring Semester (February- August) begins in February, however it may differ slightly in any particular year due to specific circumference.
7. Medium of Teaching and Examination The medium of instruction and examination for the BCA program will be
Syllabus of BCA Pokhara University
|First Semester||Credit(s)||Second Semester||Credit(s)|
Programming Logic and Techniques
Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronics
|Third Semester||Credit(s)||Fourth Semester||Credit(s)|
Data Structure& Algorithms
System Analysis and Design
Management Information System
Database Management System
|Fifth Semester||Credit(s)||Sixth Semester||Credit(s)|
|Networks & Data Communication|
Management Information System
Web Programming -II
Probability & Statistics
|Seventh Semester||Credit(s)||Eighth Semester||Credit(s)|
Read More Posts
- BCA 4th Semester Subject wise Detailed Syllabus
- BCA 1st Semester TU Syllabus
- BCA 1st Semester Syllabus of Pokhara University
- Why pepega is so popular?
- How insurance company makes a profit